CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionFor eighteen years the Hartes and the Golds have lived next door to each other, sharing everything from Chinese food to chicken pox to carpool duty. Parents and children alike have been best friends, so it's surprise that in high school Chris and Emily's friendship blossoms into something more. So when midnight calls from the hospital come in, one is ready for the appalling truth: Emily is dead at seventeen from a gunshot wound to the head. There is a single unspent bullet in the gun that Chris took from his father's cabinet - a bullet that Chris tells police he intended for himself. But a detective has doubts about the suicide pact that Chris has described. The profound questions faced by the characters in this heartrending vel are those we can all relate to: How well do we ever really kw our children or our friends? As its chapters unfold, alternating between an idyllic past and an unthinkable present, The Pact paints an indelible portrait of families in anguish, culminating in an astonishingly suspenseful courtroom drama.
- Author BiographyJodi Picoult, who has fifteen novels and three children to her credit, was born and raised on Long Island. She received a doctorate in creative writing from Princeton and a master's degree in education from Harvard.
- Author(s)Jodi Picoult
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Out-of-print date23/12/2014
- Weight403 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.