All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThose who do t feel pain seldom think that it is felt. SAMUEL JoHNSON, The Rambler, . 48 (September 1, 1750) Who among us has t experienced the suffering of a patient with chronic disease, who in addition to the vicissitudes of fatigue, anxiety, and frustration, must also deal with the suffering of pain? Who among us has t considered, and then reconsidered, whether a patient's complaints are worthy of a narcotic and thence worried about the social and legal implications of chronic use? Who among us has t refused pain medications to our patients for fear that use was turning into abuse? Finally, who among us would t have liked a clinical guide to a myriad of syndromes, all of which have pain as their common deminator, in the hopes of developing some strategy to prioritize treatment. Our purpose in preparing The Pain Management Handbook is to provide the informa- tion needed by clinicians to develop strategies that optimize pain management. It is the goal of the editors and authors that the present handbook, above all else, will be clinically useful. Its aim is to provide practical information regarding the diagsis and treatment of disorders causing pain, along with tables and graphics to provide the busy practitioner with rapid access to relevant data.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCurrent Clinical Practice
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight751 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byM. E. Gershwin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.