All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSecond only to the common cold, pain is the most common reason for health care visits. It results in significant personal and social costs to individuals, and ecomic costs to society. Chronic pain has been estimated to cost more than 100 billion annually in the United States, and its estimated annual cost to European countries ranges from 1.1 to nearly 50 billion Euros (nearly 1.5 billion to over 60 billion dollars). In order to treat pain, clinicians need to be able to assess pain and its effects on functioning. However, 100s, if t 1000s, of different measures of pain and pain-related domains exist. Surprisingly, despite the fact that much is kwn about the psychometrics strengths and weaknesses of existing measures, there does t yet exist a simple pain assessment guide that describes the most useful and psychometrically sound pain measures for health care providers. This book fills this need.
- Author BiographyMark P. Jensen, PhD, is Professor and Vice Chair for Research in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, where he has been on faculty since 1990. Dr Jensen's research program focuses on the development and evaluation of measures of pain, pain beliefs, and pain coping strategies, as well as on the development and evaluation of psychosocial pain interventions. He is the author or co-author of over 250 scientific articles and book chapters.
- Author(s)Mark Jensen
- PublisherSpringer Healthcare
- Date of Publication08/01/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer Healthcare
- Content Note12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight102 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.