About this product
- DescriptionPaleo-style diets are all the rage as fitness enthusiasts, including the booming nation of CrossFitters, have adopted high-protein, low-processed-food diets to fuel their exercise. It all began with the publication of the book The Paleo Diet by rewned scientist Loren Cordain, PhD, who presented a breakthrough plan for weight loss and disease prevention without dieting or exercising. In 2005, Dr. Cordain joined with endurance coach Joe Friel to write The Paleo Diet for Athletes . It sold 8,000 copies that first year, but it has sold even better as a backlist title - more than 20,000 units in both 2010 and 2012. Now, the authors offer an updated and revised edition of The Paleo Diet for Athletes , specifically targeting runners, triathletes, and other serious amateur athletes. Cordain and Friel show that by using the foods our bodies were designed to eat - protein, fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, and even some saturated fats - anyone can achieve total-body fitness and dramatically improve the strength and cardiovascular efficiency. The Paleo Diet for Athletes gives specific guidelines for what to eat before, during and after a workout or competition along with simple, tasty recipes packed with power and wholesome ingredients.
- Author BiographyLOREN CORDAIN, PhD, a world-renowned scientist and expert on Paleolithic diets, is a professor in the department of health and exercise science at Colorado State University. He lives in Fort Collins, Colorado. JOE FRIEL, MS, is founder and president of Ultrafit, LLC, an association of elite endurance coaches. His books include The Cyclist's Training Bible and The Triathlete's Training Bible. He lives in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Author(s)Joe Friel,Loren Cordain
- PublisherRodale Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Most relevant reviews
- simon667002 Jul, 2014by
Gave some good advice for sticking to Paleo and still being able to train.
Its been a good resource to help stay focused and gives lots of specific advice with regard to pre and post training nutrition. Which is what I was after.
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.80
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.29Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.