All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionFor well over 60 years the Palestinian people, in Israel, the West Bank, Jerusalem, Gaza and refugee camps scattered around the borders of Israel, have been suffering a slow, grinding, very deliberate, calculated and determined form of gecide. This book details one year of the human rights abuses inflicted on a host of ordinary people whose only 'fault' is to be Palestinian. In 2015 and to this day, Palestinians have had/are having their land stolen from them by the Israeli state, in contravention of all international law. The construction of illegal settlements continues. Houses are being demolished, leaving children homeless. Palestinian water is stolen, without compensation. Adults are held without trial under a system dating back to British imperial rule. Children are arrested, beaten, interrogated without access to their parents or lawyers, tried in military courts and then held in jail in Israel. Olive trees and other crops are wantonly destroyed. Illegal settlers attack Palestinians, young and old, and their property day after day. And there's more, much more... It is hoped that this will prove a useful handbook, packed with facts, for those fighting this system of injustice. It is also hoped that it will lead to a more informed debate on the issue and more robust action to put a stop to it.
- Author BiographyDiana Lodge read history at St Hugh's College Oxford and spent most of her working life as a non-fiction book editor. She is also a qualified clinical hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner. An NLP proposition that particularly appeals to her is: 'If what you are doing isn't working, try something else.' Having had a lifelong interest in and connection with Palestine, it is by now crystal clear to her that appeasement, favourable trade agreements and friendly diplomatic relations with Israel are enabling, not preventing, the Israeli genocide of the Palestinian people. She hopes that the stark facts outlined in this book will encourage decent people, whether Jewish or gentile, to peaceably but firmly boycott Israel. It is beyond high time that the multi-generational trauma that is being inflicted on ordinary people, and especially children, is stopped. Palestinian gas, oil and water reserves, lands and ancient olive trees can then be used to heal, to restore lost hopes and dreams, and create a peace-filled future for all the inhabitants of a deeply-troubled region.
- Author(s)Diana Lodge
- PublisherThree Faces Publishing
- Date of Publication04/04/2016
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThree Faces Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.