All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA landmark publication in the field, this state of the art reference work, with contributions from leading thinkers across a range of disciplines, is an essential guide to the study of children and childhood, and sets out future research agendas for the subject.
- Author BiographyLEENA ALANEN is Professor in Early Childhood Education, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland ADRIAN BAILEY is Professor of Migration Studies in the School of Geography, University of Leeds, UK DAVID BUCKINGHAM directs the Centre for the Study of Children, Youth and Media at the Institute of Education, London, UK DORIS BUHLER-NIEDERBERGER is Professor of Sociology of Family, Youth and Education at the University of Wuppertal, Germany DAN COOK is Associate Professor of Childhood Studies and Sociology, University of Illinois at Urbana, USA GUNILLA DAHLBERG is Professor at Stockholm University, Sweden KIRSTEN DROTNER is Professor in the Department of Literature, Culture and Media Studies University of Southern Denmark, Denmark AN-CARITA EVALDSSON is Professor at the Department of Education, Uppsala University, Sweden LAURA FINGERSON is an independent researcher in Minneapolis, USA IVAR FRONES is Professor of Sociology, University of Oslo, Norway MICHAEL FREEMAN is Professor of English Law, University College London, UK JOHN GILLIS is Professor of History Emeritus, Rutgers University, USA HARRY HENDRICK teaches in the Department of History, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark HEINZ HENGST was Professor of Social and Cultural Sciences, Hochschule Bremen, Germany AN-MAGRITT JENSEN is Professor of Sociology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway ALLISON JAMES is Professor of Sociology, University of Sheffield, UK ANDREAS LANGE is Researcher at the German Youth Institute in Munich and teaches sociology at the University of Konstanz, Germany BERRY MAYALL is Professor of Childhood Studies at the Institute of Education, London, UK NATALIE HEVENER KAUFMAN is Professor Emerita, University of South Carolina, USA JOHN McKENDRICK is Senior Lecturer in Human Geography and Director of the Scottish Poverty Information Unit, Glasgow Caledonian University, UK JOHANNA MIERENDORFF is Visiting Professor of Social Pedagogy at the University of Trier, Germany OLGA NIEUWENHUYS teaches at the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands THOMAS OLK is Professor of Social Work and Social Policy Research, Martin-Luther-Universitat Halle/Wittenberg, Germany IRENE RIZZINI is Professor and Researcher at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Director of The International Center for Research on Childhood (CIESPI) KATHERINE ROSIER is Professor of Sociology, Central Michigan University, USA HEINZ SUNKER is Professor of Social Pedagogy and Social Policy in the Department of Bildungs- and Social Sciences, Wuppertal University, Germany MARTIN WOODHEAD is Professor of Childhood Studies, The Open University, UK HELGA ZEIHER is a retired researcher from Max-Planck-Institute for Human Development in Berlin, Germany
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2009.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication17/04/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight715 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJens Qvortrup,Michael-Sebastian Honig,William A. Corsaro
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.58
- AU $121.00Trending at AU $127.56
- AU $35.59Trending at AU $66.07
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.38
- AU $37.01Trending at AU $41.36
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $28.25
- AU $34.06Trending at AU $35.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.