All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive guide to the poems, prose, biography, ideas and contexts of Byron, entries range from detailed coverage of the major poems to items on Byron's songs, conversation, interest in boxing, swimming and vampires, and sexual liaisons; also the 'Byronic Hero', Byron in fiction and drama, and his pervasive influence on subsequent literature.
- Author BiographyMARTIN GARRETT is an independent scholar and writer. His postgraduate research was on Renaissance drama and he specialized at first in this period, editing Critical Heritage volumes on Massinger and Sidney. More recently he has worked mainly on Romantic and Victorian literature. He has also written literary and cultural guides to southern Europe, France and Cambridge. He is the author of volumes on Byron, Mary Shelley and the Brownings in the British Library Writers' Lives series, and has taught a wide range of undergraduate courses for the universities of Oxford, Cambridge and London.
- PrizesWinner of Elma Dangerfield Award 2011.
- Author(s)Martin Garrett
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/03/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitlePalgrave Literary Dictionaries
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight691 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.