All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.45Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the illustrated story of how a jungle was conquered and the world made smaller! For the French in 1881 and then the Americans in 1903, it all seemed so simple: Panama was less than fifty miles wide. How difficult could it be to build a canal across it? The answer was tragically difficult . Panama was a disease-ridden jungle death trap. It's mountaius rain forest was a challenge to the most brilliant engineers. Its oppressive heat exhausted the hardiest workers. But somehow the Panama Canal was built, and its story is one of genius and heroism. It represents the spirit of an age when task was thought impossible and t price too high to pay...This work is illustrated throughout with detailed colour artwork by Fernando Rangel. Wonders of the World - the award-winning series tells the stories behind humanity's most extraordinary creations.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Mann has written nine Wonders of the World books, an award-winning series. She is former teacher in New York, holds an M.S.E. and is cofounder of Mikaya Press. Fernando Rangel was born in Bogata, Colombia, and grew up in Queens, N.Y. He earned a B.F.A. at the School of Visual Arts and trained at the Chatauqua School of Art.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Mann
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2006
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleWonders of the World
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMiyaka Press
- Content Note27 full colour illustrations, fold-out 4-page colour spread
- Weight249 g
- Width255 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Interest Age9 to 13 years
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.