All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would you do if an influenza pandemic arrived on your doorstep?...How would you find eugh food when the supermarkets are empty?...How could you pay your bills when you lose your job because your workplace shuts down?...Will you be able to get medical attention when the hospitals are overflowing?...Would you and your family survive? The Pandemic Plan is a story about Estelle, the Director of a Public Health Unit. Estelle heads a team of health professionals that are the vanguard of managing outbreaks of viruses. A pandemic is something they train for and hope they will never face. But when an outbreak of the new, highly contagious influenza strain H15N8 reaches the shores of Australia in May, 2015, Estelle's team must work swiftly to try and contain it's spread. The community suffers, it's a cold winter, food and other essential services are in short supply. Hospitals are stretched beyond capabilities and people are dying in the thousands. The ugly side of humanity is seen but is also balanced by the ble care for others. Estelle's team must t only ensure their own safety, but control the panic of an unsuspecting public.
- PublisherHorizon Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/08/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationCherrybrook, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHorizon Publishing Group
- Weight305 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.