All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThrough a series of dramatic mologues (spoken by Mary, the Angel Gabriel, Paul of Tarsus, and the 'Sidonian archer', Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera), the fourteen poems gathered here give life to the Jewish-apocryphal legend of Jesus, son of Pantera - the story that Jesus was sired by a Roman soldier. Having learned of a tomb (unearthed in Germany) bearing the soldier's name, Whitehead spent the last years of his life researching and writing about this fascinating, controversial tradition. In his introduction to the collection, rewned Biblical scholar James Tabor recounts the Scriptural, apocryphal, and archaeological evidence upon which the story is based.
- Author BiographyMichael Burns is emeritus professor of English at Missouri State University, where he taught creative writing, and the author of a number of books, including the poetry collection, It Will Be All Right in the Morning (University of Arkansas Press). James Tabor is chair of the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and the author of The Jesus Dynasty.
- Author(s)James Whitehead
- PublisherMoon City Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSpringfield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoon City Press
- Weight177 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael Burns
- Introduction byJames D. Tabor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.