All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the winner of the 2002 Somerset Maugham Award. Damien March is a disconsolate journalist working the nightshift at the BBC in London. He hasn't thought of his eccentric uncle for twenty years and so is shocked when he learns that he has inherited his uncle's ramshackle house on an isolated island off the coast of Cape Cod. Without a relationship compelling eugh to keep him in his humdrum life, Damien decides to take off to the Cape. But his new future means confronting his family's past. And when he discovers a fragment of an unpublished mystery vel, the parallels with his uncle's life quickly become disconcerting and sinister...
- Author BiographyMarcel Theroux is the author of four previous novels, A Blow to the Heart, A Stranger in the Earth, The Paperchase, winner of the 2002 Somerset Maugham Award, and Far North which was short-listed for the America's prestigious National Book Award. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Marcel Theroux
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight226 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.