All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo. Write a letter when I'm dead. Nine years after they met, Perola asks Ellen if he can write to her about what it meant to him. That was her response. The Parable Book, perhaps, is his. Perola, who is t so distinguishable from Enquist himself, lived in a village in the Swedish province of V sterbotten. Ellen, a visitor from south of Stockholm rented a cottage there for a summer. He is 15. She is 51. The attraction is instant. Their ages palindromic. They lie down together on the kt-free pine floor. For Perola, sexuality was like opening the innermost door to ather person . It freed him from his religious upbringing and allowed him to become the writer he became, a titan of Swedish letters. This is the love story he never thought he would be able to write. And a distillation of the life and work of a great author, who owes it all to an encounter with an older woman on a kt-free pine floor.
- Author BiographyPer Olov Enquist was born in 1934 in a small village in Norrland, the northern part of Sweden. He is one of Sweden's leading contemporary writers, both as a novelist and a playwright. He has twice won the August Prize for fiction, the most prestigious Swedish literary prize, and was awarded the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize for The Visit of the Royal Physician.
- Author(s)Per Olov Enquist
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacLehose Press
- Weight370 g
- Width142 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Translated byDeborah Bragan-Turner
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.