All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRadio astromers have developed techniques of calibration of large reflector antennas with radio astromical methods, but these have t been comprehensively described. This text aims to fill this gap, taking a practical approach to the characterisation of antennas. All calculations and results in the form of tables and figures have been made with Mathematica by Wolfram Research. The reader can use the procedures for the implementation of his own input data.
- Author BiographyAfter a three year stint at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in the sixties, where the basis for the book was already laid, he participated in the design, construction, commissioning and operation of the Westerbork Synthesis Radio Telescope. Upon moving to the Max-Planck-Institut fur Radioastronomie in Bonn in 1975, Baars was project manager for two highly successful millimeter wave radio telescopes - the IRAM mm-telescope on Pico Veleta, Spain and the Heinrich Hertz Telescope on Mt. Graham, Arizona, USA. Since 1999. He has been with the European Southern Observatory in Garching, participating with different tasks in the ALMA Project, in particular the evaluation of two prototype submillimeter radio telescopes.
- Author(s)Jacob W. M. Baars
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/07/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleAstrophysics and Space Science Library
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 348
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight565 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.