All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSomaliland is an example of a territory that has fulfilled the conditions that are pre-requisite for state recognition in the international system. Somaliland is however, t recognised as a state. Questions abound about why Somaliland finds itself in this situation when there are territories which obtained recognition after fulfilling a fraction of what Somaliland has achieved. This study contributes to answering the aforementioned questions. This study has certain objectives. It delved into the examination of the criteria that is used for the recognition of states in the international system. It also analyses the role of intergovernmental organizations in the n-recognition of Somaliland. The objective of this study is also to make an assessment of the nature of interactions between Somaliland, and other actors in the international system.
- Author BiographyJohn Ahere is a researcher with vast knowledge of the dynamics in the Horn, and East Africa Region. Apart from Somaliland where he facilitated the implementation of peace building, and conflict transformation projects, he has worked within the peace building contexts of Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Eritrea, Uganda, South Africa, Ethiopia and Kenya. Moreover, he has conducted extensive conflict mapping in the Great Lakes Region of Africa. He is an alumnus of the University of Nairobi, Kenya Institute of Management, and the East African Uongozi Institute.
- Author(s)John Rabuogi Ahere
- PublisherAnchor Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnchor Academic Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.