Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $152.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $223.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Paralympic Games is the second largest multi-sport festival on earth and an event which poses profound and challenging questions about the nature of sport, disability and society. The Paralympic Games Explained is the first complete introduction to the Paralympic phemen, exploring every key aspect and issue, from the history and development of the Paralympic movement to the ecomic and social impact of the contemporary Games. Now in a fully revised and updated second edition, it includes new material on hosting and legacy, Vancouver 2010 to Rio 2016, sport for development, and case studies of an additional ten Paralympic nations. Drawing on a range of international examples, it discusses key issues such as: * how societal attitudes influence disability sport * the governance of Paralympic and elite disability sport * the relationship between the Paralympics and the Olympics * drugs and techlogy in disability sport * classification in disability sport. Containing useful features including review questions, study activities, web links and guides to further reading throughout, The Paralympic Games Explained is the most accessible and comprehensive guide to the Paralympics currently available. It is essential reading for all students with an interest in disability sport, sporting mega-events, the politics of sport, or disability in society.
- Author BiographyIan Brittain is a Research Fellow in the Centre for Business in Society at Coventry University, UK. He has formerly been an Executive Board member of the International Stoke Mandeville Wheelchair Sports Federation and was the Sports Coordinator for the International Wheelchair and Amputee Sports Federation (IWAS) World Games in Rio de Janeiro and currently acts as Heritage Advisor to IWAS. He has attended the last four Summer Paralympic Games in Sydney, Athens, Beijing and London and was a Ceremonies Consultant for the London 2012 Paralympic Opening Ceremony. His research focuses upon sociological, historical and sports management aspects of Paralympic and disability sport.
- Author(s)Ian Brittain
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 70 black & white tables, 13 black & white halftones, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.