All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Parent's Handbook for Talking WITH Your Teens about SOCIAL MEDIA In seconds, parents can master the techniques and words for engaging their teens and pre-teens in the important must-have conversations about social media. Parental controls and filters last only so long with kids and before they kw it parents NEED to be openly talking to their teens about social media, despite the embarrassing, worrisome, confrontational, or tricky topics that arise from social networking. This book is a 'how to' parent's handbook revealing simple secrets for talking confidently and comfortably with their teens The Parent's Handbook for talking WITH Your Teens about SOCIAL MEDIA gives parents the words, the wisdom, and the effective communication tools for starting and continuing the essential conversations about their teens' actions and activities on Facebook and other social networks. Parents learn how to: Talk with their teens about online privacy, safety, and other prickly subjects they'd prefer to igre. Collaborate with their young teens to get them off to a good social networking start, and team with their older teens who think there's thing new to kw. Be ready to troubleshoot social media red flags, cyber-bullies and friends who are strangers or potential predators Discuss today's more complicated version of the parenting advice Don't talk to strangers! Set social media rules and make networking agreements that stick. Avoid parenting pitfalls to keep their friend status with their kids on Facebook. Take the right action when their kids want to take a new social media step. Stay in the loop with their teens who can be found by their social network with GPS precision, wherever they may be. Coach their kids to think wisely, sorting out their social life issues in person instead of in text boxes. Parents, feel your social media concerns melt away!
- Author BiographyCombining best practices of developmental psychology, life coaching and education, Ellen Mossman-Glazer helps parents to transform their relationships with their kids from stressed and stormy to peaceful and playful. She helps kids to give up the fight without giving up their spirit Ellen is a parent coach, child development specialist, counselor, educator, author and kids' yoga teacher. Her specialty area is the healthy social-emotional development of children from their early years. She has worked with kids from tots to teens, in treatment, education and outreach settings in the U.S. and Canada. She works with clients from many places via phone conference, Skype and in -person. Her positive parenting articles have been published in national print and online publications. Read her tips and strategies for positive parenting on her blog and website at: www.ArtofBehaviorChange.com Ellen lives with her husband Mel in Manitou Springs, Colorado.
- Author(s)Ellen Mossman-Glazer M S Ed
- PublisherArt of Behavior Change Publications
- Date of Publication03/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArt of Behavior Change Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.