Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionIt is July 18, 1861 in Winchester, Virginia. The Civil War has begun, and Lieutenant John Pelham, formerly of the West Point Class of 1861, is about to play a pivotal role in the First Battle of Bull Run. The con dent Lieutenant Pelham bears little resemblance to the seventeen-year-old who journeyed alone ve years earlier from Jacksonville, Alabama, to West Point, New York, to attend the United States Military Academy. As he immerses himself in West Point, both Pelham's life and his beloved country see substantial change. While Pelham and his classmates witness the unraveling of the Union and the birth of the Confederacy, Pelham meets Clara Bolton, a Philadelphian belle who captures his heart-all while Pelham and his compatriots are preparing for the reality of combat. Told against the backdrop of slavery and states' rights, the Democratic and Republican Parties, the re-eaters of the South and the abolitionists of the North, The Parting portrays how profoundly historical events divided West Point's graduating class of 1861 on the eve of the Civil War, changing all of their lives forever.
- Author(s)Richard Barlow Adams
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight756 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.