All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionTom Cairns is a young father living in a suburb in upstate New York. Out one Saturday morning, he is in an automobile accident, experiencing the physical shock of the collision and suddenly finding himself undergoing a near death experience. His transition into ather plane is winderous, and he is told that he can stay in an inviting afterlife, or return since it is t truly his time. Hearing his wife call out for him over the distance, he decides to return. After recovering, he is intrigued by his experience in spite of attempts by some to explain away his experience. However, at a sporting event, he witnesses the death by heart attack of a spectator, and is astonished to see the victim's soul separate from his body. The soul is confused but comes to realize that Tom can see him. He sees a passageway open in the distance, and the soul along with a guiding spirit disappear through it. Now fully enthralled, he seeks out others who have had a near death experience and survived. Soon after, however, he realizes that he is being stalked by an malevolent presence. He begins work with hospice patients and finds that he is able to provide comfort and guidance at the moment of passing until an experience with a hardened, defiant drug dealer leaves him shaken as the dealer's soul is dragged away into the dark. The same malevolent being he sensed before remains, menacing him, making Tom acutely aware of its presence, dark nature .... and its intent.
- Author BiographyMatthew Lawrence's fiction is the culmination of long experience in writing and communications outside of the literary world. An active business writer and public speaker, he has over thirty years experience working on environmental issues and pursuing his other interests while raising a family. Much of Matthew's writing is the result of years of development, and is rooted in his exploration of the humanities and spiritual questions. Residing in upstate New York, Matthew and his wife, Jan, divide their time between life and writing in the Adirondack Mountains, and spoiling their grandchildren.
- Author(s)MR Matthew Lawrence
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.