All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will help anyone who wants to paint in pastels produce quality art in days. It begins with a look at the equipment you will need to get started and then describes the basic principles of colour mixing and applying colour. A series of eight step-by-step projects is designed to teach the most rewarding pastel techniques, such as blending with a torchon, working dark to light, lifting off, and creating highlights and shadows, all applied to subjects from still lifes to landscapes, and from buildings to woodland. Each project also introduces and illustrates the most important technique for the project and gives at-a-glance advice on colour mixing. The colour wheel on the jacket allows mixes to be immediately visible for successful paintings every time.
- Author BiographyJohn Barber is a professional artist and designer whose work has been published by many leading publishers worldwide. His interest in art and design have led to diverse commissions, including model-making for film and TV, sculpture, and stained glass design, in addition to painting. He has lectured widely on Turner and Rembrandt, and regularly teaches painting courses near Flatford Mill in Suffolk and in La Rochefoucauld, France. John lives in London. He is the author of The Watercolor Wheelbook, Color Pencil Wheel Book, Oil Paint Color Wheel Book, Acrylics Color Wheel Book, and Pastel Color Wheel Book.
- Author(s)John Barber
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width200 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.