All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.46Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- Description<b> An exciting story about a girl and her father who escape slavery. . . . Works well as a story and also as a lesson in African-American history. SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL</b> Now that Hannah s papa has decided to make the run for freedom, her patchwork quilt is t just a precious memento of Mama it s a series of hidden clues that will guide them along the Underground Railroad to Canada. A fictionalized account of a fascinating oral history, THE PATCHWORK PATH tells the story of a two of the thousands who escaped a life of slavery and made the dangerous journey to freedom a story of courage, determination, and hope. - A Gustavus Myers Center for the Study of Bigotry and Human Rights Outstanding Book, Horable Mention - An Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Award Winner
- Author BiographyBettye Stroud is the author of several picture books that speak of her African American heritage, including DANCE Y'ALL, THE LEAVING, and DOWN HOME AT MISS DESSA'S. Of THE PATCHWORK PATH, she says, I want my writing to be inspirational to children as they face the 'demons' I write about. I hope my readers see themselves and know they are not alone in facing disappointments. I want them to know all is never lost; there is always hope. Erin Susanne Bennett is a recent graduate of the Savannah College of Art and Design. Of THE PATCHWORK PATH, her first book, she says, Growing up in Rochester, New York, had a tremendous impact on my awareness of the Underground Railroad. Illustrating THE PATCHWORK PATH has only deepened my appreciation for the immense strength, courage, and sacrifice embodied by African American slaves and those who fought with them for equality.
- Author(s)Bettye Stroud
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width218 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Erin Susanne Bennett
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.