All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionAs trials become less common today, the need for teaching and enhancing trial skills increases. Now in its third edition, The Patent Trial Advocacy Casebook is a practical tool for both learning and enhancing trial skills for the specialized area of patent litigation. Every aspect of these materials is focused on improving students' proficiency in one event: the trial of a patent case. With the goal of developing skills through learn-by-doing, this material is the perfect casebook for anyone who wishes to impart patent trial basics, or simply wants to improve their skills in this arena. Based upon an hypothetical patent infringement controversy that has reached the trial stage, a jury trial in Federal Court. The volume s presents the case file, with all information necessary to prepare for the trial. Trial skills are developed through problems that are designed to simulate the courtroom proceedings in various portions of the full trial. Analysis of the problems from both the plaintiff s and the defendant s points of view are necessary for offensive and defensive strategies and tactics are successful in the case, and the setting simulates a courtroom atmosphere in all respects. These materials are the result of the authors' fifteen years of teaching an advanced course in trial practice geared specifically to a patent infringement trial, with its genesis a project for the American Bar Association and National Institute for Trial Advocacy as a program for practicing lawyers. Now in its third edition, the material has been refined specifically for students at Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C.
- Author BiographyJoseph M. Potenza, an attorney in the Washington, DC, office of Banner & Witcoff, Ltd., where he concentrates in litigation, Section 337 investigations, licensing, counseling on patent and copyright matters, and preparing and prosecuting patent and copyright applications. Christopher J. Renk, an attorney in the Chicago office of Banner & Witcoff, Ltd., focuses his practice on litigating patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, false advertising and unfair competition cases. Thomas K. Pratt, an attorney in the Chicago office of Banner & Witcoff, Ltd., litigates complex intellectual property matters in all phases, including trial, preliminary injunction hearings, Markman hearings, discovery, and pre- and post-trial motions. Erik S. Maurer, an attorney in the Chicago office of Banner & Witkoff, Ltd., focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation and counseling, including utility patent, design patent, trade secret, trademark, trade dress, unfair competition, antitrust, and copyright issues.
- Author(s)Joseph M Potenza
- PublisherAmerican Bar Association
- Date of Publication07/02/2016
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Bar Association
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.