All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Buddhism's foundational texts, the Visuddhimagga is a systematic examination and condensation of Buddhist doctrine and meditation technique. The various teachings of the Buddha found throughout the Pali can are organized in a clear, comprehensive path leading to the final goal of nibbana , the state of complete purification. Originally composed in the fifth century, this new translation provides English speakers insights into this foundational text. In the course of this treatise full and detailed instructions are given on 40 subjects of meditation aimed at concentration, an elaborate account of Buddhist Abhidhamma philosophy, and explicit descriptions of the stages of insight culminating in final liberation. This replaces 9552400236.
- Author BiographyBhadantacariya Buddhaghosa composed the Visuddhimagga in the early part of the fifth century. Bhikkhu Nanamoli was ordained as a monk in Sri Lanka, where he spent 11 years living in a monastery and translating the texts of the Theravada Buddhism into English.
- Author(s)Bhadantacariya Buddhaghosa
- PublisherPariyatti Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPariyatti Press
- Weight1265 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Translated byBhikkhu Nanamoli
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.