All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dalai Lama serves as a living symbol of holiness and selfless triumph over tribulation for people of all religious traditions-as well as those with religious affiliation at all. This collection of daily quotations drawn from His Holiness's own writings, teachings, and interviews offers words of guidance, compassion, and peace that are as down to earth as they are rich in spirit. Suffused with endearing informality, warmth, and practicality, they cover almost every aspect of human life, secular and religious--from loneliness, suffering, anger, and everyday insecurities to happiness, intimacy, and responsibility to others. With a special foreword by His Holiness on the power of meditation and personal responsibility, The Path to Tranquility is a fresh and accessible spiritual treasure to return to day after day, year after year.
- Author BiographyTenzin Gyatso, His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, is the spiritual and temporal leader of the Tibetan people. His tireless efforts on behalf of human rights and world peace have brought him international recognition. He is the recipient of the Wallenberg Award (conferred by the U.S. Congressional Human Rights Foundation), the Albert Schweitzer Award, and the Nobel Peace Prize.Renuka Singh is an associate professor at the Jawaharlal Nehru University and is the director of Tushita Mahayana Meditation Centre, New Delhi. She compiled and edited The Path to Tranquility, by her spiritual teacher His Holiness the Dalai Lama.Renuka Singh is an associate professor at the Jawaharlal Nehru University and is the director of Tushita Mahayana Meditation Centre, New Delhi. She compiled and edited The Path to Tranquility, by her spiritual teacher His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
- Author(s)Dalai Lama
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleCompass
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight336 g
- Width126 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRenuka Singh
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.