All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its second edition, this expanded work catalogues every person, animal, ship and cann mentioned by name in the 21 books of Patrick O'Brian's series on the maritime adventures of Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin. The vels, rewned for their far-ranging web of wit and allusion, teem with thousands of characters and ships, both imaginary and historical.
From Master and Commander to 21: The Unfinished Voyage, this book distinguishes the fictional from the factual, making a useful series companion for the casual reader and the most ardent fans. Each of the more than 5,000 alphabetized entries provides a reference to the vels and chapters in which the topic appears. Additionally, biographical tes on the historical figures are included, with sources provided in an antated bibliography.
- Author BiographyAnthony Gary Brown, a native of England raised in a Royal Navy family, earned his D.Phil. from Oxford. A dealer in rare books and manuscripts he lives in New York.
- Author(s)Anthony Gary Brown
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.