All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionHistorically, James K. Polk is described as a spoilsman who appointed officers based upon their party affiliation rather than their qualifications. This book, however, asserts that Polk merely followed an existing pattern of mination that dated back to the beginning of the republic, in which the chief executives looked to qualifications first and loyalty to the party second. The Patriotic Business of Seeking Public Office offers a detailed examination of Polk's mination practices and his quest for qualified candidates regardless of their party lines.
- Author BiographyJohn Devoti received his Ph.D. in American history from Temple University. Currently, he is an adjunct professor of American history at Philadelphia University. The Patriotic Business of Seeking Office is his first book.
- Author(s)John Devoti
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication04/05/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width163 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.