All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $23.47Free postage
- AU $27.84Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is aimed at anyone with an interest in surface design and pattern whether they are students, hobbyists or professionals. Over 350 images from the last 100 years are presented with informative captions, ordered aesthetically to create a pleasing visual impression whereby contemporary images are displayed next to historical images. The images are drawn from a wide variety of styles, art movements and countries of origin to give an overview of pattern design from the beginning of the last century to the present day. Images include fabric designs and wallpaper patterns primarily, plus some ceramic and other decorative patterns where appropriate. Patterns are chosen from a number of sources, including the archives of colleges, museums and private collections. International fashion houses and table British designers such as Celia Birtwell and Zandra Rhodes have contributed images. An opening introduction discusses the predominant key themes that are relevant to the subject of pattern design.
- Author BiographyDrusilla Cole specializes in textiles and surface pattern design. She is the author of Textiles Now and Patterns (both published by Laurence King).
- Author(s)Drusilla Cole
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleMini
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note342 colour illustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width155 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.