All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPattern-making is ubiquitous in both the natural and manmade world. The human propensity for pattern recognition and fabrication is innate. Encompassing the historical, vernacular and parametric, this title explores the creation, materialisation and theorisation of some of the world's most significant and spectacularly patterned spaces. It investigates how interiors, buildings, cities and landscapes are patterned through design, production and manufacturing, use, time, accident and perception. It also brings into focus how contemporary advanced spatial practices and CAD/CAM are w pushing patterns to encompass a greater range of structural, programmatic, aesthetic and material effects and properties. Extending patterns far beyond the surface tion of style and decoration, Patterns of Architecture assesses how and why the deployment of patterns is shaping the future of architecture.* Analysed through a multidisciplinary and international series of essays and designs from architects, engineers, academics, researchers and expert professionals in the field. * Key contributors include: Hanif Kara, Patrik Schumacher and Alejandro Zaera-Polo.
- Author BiographyMark Garcia is the Research Co-ordinator and an MPhil/PhD Supervisor in the Department of Architecture at the Royal College of Art (RCA). He has worked for Branson Coates Architecture and has held academic research posts at St Antony's College (Oxford University) and the Department of Industrial Design Engineering (Royal College of Art) as well as lecturing in universities across Japan, Switzerland and the UK. He was guest-editor of AD Architextiles (Vol 76, No 6, Nov/Dec 2006) and is editor of The Diagrams of Architecture (John Wiley & Sons, January 2010).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2009
- Series TitleArchitectural Design
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight598 g
- Width211 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMark Garcia
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.