All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionTOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME, BOTH OF NICHOLSON BAKER S BRILLIANT NOVELS FEATURING BELOVED HERO AND POET PAUL CHOWDER A New York Times table book and a national bestseller, Nicholson Baker s The Anthologist introduces his quirkiest and most unforgettable protagonist yet, the erudite, unpretentious, and often hilarious (The New Yorker) Paul Chowder. Chowder really needs to write an introduction to his new anthology of verse, Only Rhyme it s the first work his editor has sent him in months but he s having a hard time getting started. Not only is his career floundering, but his girlfriend, Roz, just moved out. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Chowder can t keep his mind from drifting to the sufferings of the great poets, from Tennyson and Yeats to Roethke, Merwin, to every poet who s been published in The New Yorker. As he ponders the strange power and musicality of language, and adjusts to his newly single life, Chowder s introduction slowly but surely begins to take shape. A wholly entertaining and beguiling love story, and the first vel in the chronicles of Paul Chowder which is followed by Traveling Sprinkler in this same volume The Anthologist is a loving and superbly witty homage to poetryand to life (The Boston Globe).
- Author BiographyNICHOLSON BAKER is the author of ten novels, including The Anthologist, Vox, and The Fermata, and five works of nonfiction, including Human Smoke and Double Fold (winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award). He lives in Maine.
- Author(s)Nicholson Baker
- PublisherBlue Rider Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Rider Press
- Weight494 g
- Width138 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.