All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionBusinesses and managers everywhere are finding out that using the classical investment analysis methods is t eugh to cover their need for smart decision-support for high risk, hard to estimate investments under vague information, such as investments into R&D, IPR, and any other strategic projects and assets. This book introduces the pay-off method and shows how the method can enhance investment analysis and decision-support in a profound way. The pay-off method and a selection of tools within the pay-off method arsenal, including real option valuation, are simple to use, transparent, -nsense, and intuitive to understand. This book explains the pay-off method in detail and shows with many numerical easy-to-follow examples how the method can be applied in real-world decision-making in different industries. This book shows also how decision-making can be enhanced by visualizing imprecision and how real option valuation can be performed simply. All method presented are easily implementable with the most commonly used spread-sheet software. The pay-off method is a clear continuation to where the old investment analysis methods usually leave uss off and gives you a chance to better plan and to understand your investments. After having read this book you will never be the same decision-maker again, but you will kw what information to require for better investment decision-making.
- Author BiographyMikael Collan is a professor of strategic finance at the Lappeenranta University of Technology in Finland. He has a long background in asset valuation and using fuzzy logic in modeling inaccuracy with regards to corporate investment decision-making. Mikael has worked with a number of multi-national corporations on a number of different issues that have to do with investment profitability analysis and investment decision-making - many of them connected to the examples shown in this book. Mikael serves in the boards of a number of companies and is an active member of the academic community around real option valuation and operational research. He also has a background in information systems research. After finishing his doctoral degree he spent a time in the industry and has since returned to academia and now for the first time shares his views on investment analysis in a book format.
- Author(s)Mikael Collan D Sc
- Date of Publication15/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.