All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe New York Times bestselling vel that has been called a tour de force (Wall Street Journal), unputdownable (The Washington Post), a delicious hothouse of a vel (USA Today), effortless (The Ecomist), seductive (Vanity Fair) and pitch perfect (Salon) Superb, bewitching Forget about Fifty Shades of Grey; this vel is one of the most sensual you will ever read, and all without sacrificing either good taste or a G rating NPR One of the year s most engrossing and suspenseful vels a love affair, a shocking murder, and a flawless ending Will keep you sleepless for three nights straight and leave you grasping for ather book that can sustain that high. Entertainment Weekly (A rating)Volcanically sexy, sizzingly smart, plenty bloody and just plain irresistible. USA Today (4 stars) It is 1922, and London is tense. Ex-servicemen are disillusioned; the out-of-work and the hungry are demanding change. And in South London, in a genteel Camberwell villa a large, silent house w bereft of brothers, husband, and even servants life is about to be transformed as impoverished widow Mrs. Wray and her spinster daughter, Frances, are obliged to take in lodgers. With the arrival of Lilian and Leonard Barber, a modern young couple of the clerk class, the routines of the house will be shaken up in unexpected ways. Little do the Wrays kw just how profoundly their new tenants will alter the course of Frances s life or, as passions mount and frustration gathers, how far-reaching, and how devastating, the disturbances will be. Short-listed for the Man Booker Prize three times, Sarah Waters has earned a reputation as one of our greatest writers of historical fiction, and here she has delivered again. A love story, a tension-filled crime story, and a beautifully atmospheric portrait of a fascinating time and place, The Paying Guests is Sarah Waters s finest achievement yet.
- Author BiographySarah Watersis theNew York Times bestselling author ofThe Paying Guests, The Little Stranger, The Night Watch, Fingersmith, Affinity, andTipping the Velvet.Shehas three times been short-listed for the Man Booker Prize, has twice been a finalist for the Orange Prize, and wasnamed one ofGranta s bestyoung Britishnovelists, among other distinctions. Waters lives in London.
- Author(s)Sarah Waters
- PublisherRiverhead Books
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books
- Weight816 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.