The Peace Puzzle: America's Quest for Arab-Israeli Peace, 1989-2011 by William B. Quandt, Shibley Z. Telhami, Steven L. Spiegel, Scott B. Lasensky, Daniel C. Kurtzer (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $50.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaving observed earlier periods of determined, persistent, creative and wise American diplomacy on the Arab-Israeli conflict, we are left to ponder whether that kind of American leadership and diplomatic wisdom can be recaptured. We also are left to wonder whether the supportive domestic environment in which previous administrations operated will recur, or whether Congressional and public support for Israel has limited administration options and thus changed the very nature of the American role in the peace process. Our overall conclusions in this volume represent a mix of process, politics, and substantive lessons learned, offered in the hope that a better understanding of the past can inform future policy. -from The Peace Puzzle Each phase of Arab-Israeli peacemaking has been irdinately difficult in its own right, and every critical juncture and decision point in the long process has been shaped by U.S. politics and the U.S. leaders of the moment. The Peace Puzzle tracks the American determination to articulate policy, develop strategy and tactics, and see through negotiations to agreements on an issue that has been of singular importance to U.S. interests for more than forty years. In 2006, the authors of The Peace Puzzle formed the Study Group on Arab-Israeli Peacemaking, a project supported by the United States Institute of Peace, to develop a set of best practices for American diplomacy. The Study Group conducted in-depth interviews with more than 120 policymakers, diplomats, academics, and civil society figures and developed performance assessments of the various U.S. administrations of the post-Cold War period. This book, an objective account of the role of the United States in attempting to achieve a lasting Arab-Israeli peace, is informed by the authors' access to key individuals and official archives.
- Author BiographyDaniel C. Kurtzer is the S. Daniel Abraham Professor in Middle East Policy Studies at the Woodrow Wilson School of Princeton University. He retired in 2005 from the U.S. Foreign Service, having served as U.S. ambassador to Egypt (1997-2001) and Israel (2001-2005). He is coauthor with Scott B. Lasensky of Negotiating Arab-Israeli Peace: American Leadership in the Middle East. Scott B. Lasensky served as a senior researcher at the U.S. Institute of Peace from 2004 to 2011 and is coauthor (with Daniel C. Kurtzer) of Negotiating Arab-Israeli Peace: American Leadership in the Middle East. William B. Quandt is Edward R. Stettinius, Jr. Professor of Politics at the University of Virginia. His books include Peace Process: American Diplomacy and the Arab-Israeli Conflict since 1967. Steven L. Spiegel is Professor of Political Science and Director of the Center for Middle East Development at UCLA. He is the author of The Other Arab-Israeli Conflict: Making America's Middle East Policy, from Truman to Reagan. Shibley Z. Telhami is the Anwar Sadat Professor of Peace and Development at the University of Maryland, College Park, and a Nonresident Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution. He is the author of The Stakes: America in the Middle East and coeditor of Identity and Foreign Policy in the Middle East, also from Cornell.
- Author(s)Daniel C. Kurtzer,Scott B. Lasensky,Shibley Z. Telhami,Steven L. Spiegel,William B. Quandt
- PublisherCornell University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitlePublished in Collaboration with the United States Institute of Peace
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell University Press
- Content Note2, 2 maps
- Weight599 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.69Trending at AU $21.31
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.42Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.41Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.