Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionWhere do pebbles come from? How were they made? This book tells the story of a pebble, from its origins in a fiery volca 480 million years ago to a busy, modern landscape. Readers follow the processes of rock formation and erosion that create new pebbles all over the world.
- Author BiographyMEREDITH HOOPER was born in Australia. An Antarctic specialist, she has made several research trips to the continent. In 2000 she was awarded the Antarctica Medal by the US Congress. Her books for Frances Lincoln include The Pebble in my Pocket, which is the only children's book ever to be shortlisted for the Dingle History of Science Book Award. CHRIS COADY trained in Illustration at Manchester Polytechnic. A freelance illustrator of children's books, he has also worked for design groups in Manchester and London.
- Author(s)Meredith Hooper
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/1997
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Out-of-print date05/04/2016
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width270 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Coady
- Reading Age7-11
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.