All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor Coloring Book Graduates! Draw and design right on the pages of this fun, modern, approachable practice and inspiration book focusing on one of the most popular drawing tools - pen and ink of all kinds! This playful, colorful exercise book is filled with fun, contemporary, beautiful illustrations by leading illustrator Ana Montiel. Explore using pen and ink of all types. Whether you like to sketch with the ballpoint pen you carry in your pocket, or want to try using pens and all the exciting new liquid inks--this volume of the Playbook Series is for you. The creative exercises in The Pen & Ink Playbook explore mark making that is both graphic as well as painterly. Learn how to use alcohol inks, which provide deep fluid color, as well as subtle line work to create geometrics, sketches, and texture. Activities include professional tips and tricks that will enhance artists' skills as they work through the book. Each spread has one page filled with art examples and an exercise, with room to create right in the book. The Pen & Ink Playbook is printed on high-quality, uncoated paper, allowing you to doodle or draw anywhere that inspiration strikes. Explore texture, pattern drawing, geometrics, meditative doodling and more with this all-in-one learning and practice book. This is a great volume for artists, designers, doodlers, illustrators, painters, pattern illustrators, and zentanglers of all ages. You will t want to miss it!
- Author BiographyAna Montiel is a London-based, Spanish visual artist and designer. Her work enhances a universe of materials and media that range from screen printing to ceramics, through surface design, videoart and collage. Her influences are as diverse as David Lynch and his holistic approach to creativity, Jung's Red Book, the Arts & Crafts movements, Quantum Physics, Astrology, Yoga or Ayurveda. Through Ana's latest art project Visual Mantras (ongoing) she has explored repetitive drawing as a meditation itself and has developed a series of absorbing and richly coloured geometries that bring up the cyclical rhythm of life. Ana also works as an illustrator, art director and designer and has collaborated with brands such as Nina Ricci, Jo Malone, Carolina Herrera and Anthropologie. Her art work has been exhibited in Europe and North America.
- Author(s)Ana Montiel
- PublisherQuarry Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitlePlaybook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuarry Books
- Content Note200 color photos
- Weight454 g
- Width215 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.