All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionJohnny Hubbard was a tricky little winger and a huge Rangers star, one of the last surviving members the great 50s side. Kwn as 'The Penalty King' in recognition of his record 65 goals from 68 spot kicks, one of his goals was described by Sir Alex Ferguson as 'easily the best I've ever seen!' Aged just 18 he swapped the sunshine of Pretoria for the grey streets of Glasgow, leaving behind the flames of apartheid for a land where ather chasm ran deep through society - religious bigotry. Hubbard's story provides an insight into life through a golden era in Rangers' history, and he also recalls his time with Bury when he was almost drawn into the world of match-fixing. When Johnny gave up the game in 1964, he turned to community service and was rewarded for his good work with an Horary MBE.
- Author BiographyDavid Mason is the author of Mr Struth: The Boss, Rangers: The Managers and A Match to Remember. A professional geologist, David has been the Official Club Historian at Ibrox Stadium since 1986, and is one of the most authoritative voices on the history of the club. He has written for various football publications and has appeared on TV and radio.
- Author(s)David Mason,Johnny Hubbard
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date19/10/2016
- Content Noteassorted mono pictures
- Weight499 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.