All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise edition of the critically-acclaimed New Penguin Opera Guide focusses on the composers and works most frequently performed today - ranging from Britten to Massenet, and from Mozart to Wagner. Composer biographies are accompanied by informed articles on individual operas, offering plot sypses, musical analysis and general commentary.
- Author BiographyAmanda Holden has written some 50 translations and texts for the opera stage, theatre, and concert hall, including the libretto for Mark Anthony Turnage's opera 'The Silver Tassie', for which she received an Olivier Award. For The New Penguin Opera Guide she assembled a team of 100 experts. She lives in London.
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2005
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight415 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAmanda Holden
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.