The Penguin History of the World by Odd Arne Westad, J. M. Roberts (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the completely updated edition of J. M. Roberts and Odd Arne Westad's widely acclaimed, landmark bestseller The Penguin History of the World For generations of readers. The Penguin History of the World has been one of the great cultural experiences - the entire story of human endeavour laid out in all its grandeur and folly, drama and pain in a single authoritative book. Now, for the first time, it has been completely overhauled for its 6th edition - t just bringing it up to date, but revising it throughout in the light of new research and discoveries, such as the revolution in our understanding of many civilizations in the Ancient World. The closing sections of the book reflect what w seems to be the inexorable rise of Asia and the increasingly troubled situation in the West. About the authors: J.M. Roberts, CBE, published The Penguin History of the World in 1976 to immediate acclaim. His other major books include The Paris Commune from the Right, The Triumph of the West (which was also a successful television series), The Penguin History of Europe and The Penguin History of the Twentieth Century. He died in 2003. Odd Arne Westad, FBA, is Professor of International History at the London School of Ecomics. He has published fifteen books on modern and contemporary international history, among them The Global Cold War, which won the Bancroft Prize, and Decisive Encounters, a standard history of the Chinese civil war. He also served as general co-editor of the Cambridge History of the Cold War. Reviews: A work of outstanding breadth of scholarship and penetrating judgements. There is thing better of its kind . (Lord Jonathan Sumption, Sunday Telegraph). A stupendous achievement . (A. J. P. Taylor). A brilliant book ...the most outstanding history of the world yet written . (J. H. Plumb).
- Author BiographyJ. M. Roberts (1928 2003) was a celebrated and prolific British historian and the author of a number of books, including, The Penguin History of Europe and The Penguin History of the Twentieth Century.Odd Arne Westad has served as the Director of Research at the Nobel Institute and Professor of International History at the London School of Economics, and has published fifteen books on modern and contemporary international history, most recently, Restless Empire: China and the World Since 1750.
- Author(s)J. M. Roberts,Odd Arne Westad
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Notemaps (black and white)
- Weight864 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine54 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.