The People Finder: Reuniting Relatives, Finding Friends - a Practical Guide to Finding People You've Lost Touch with by Karen Bali (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.82+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in a friendly, accessible style with lots of practical examples of searches and personal stories, The People Finder can be used as a DIY handbook for those who want to attempt the search themselves or as a guide to finding the best possible help. Whether you are looking for an old school friend, a natural parent or estranged relatives who have become part of the British diaspora - the biggest in history - The People Finder makes sense of the vast amount of information available, providing useful contacts and valuable resources both in the UK and internationally. Karen Bali offers advice on ways to use the web, tracing births, marriages and deaths, locating public records, finding people through their work and hobbies, using agencies and other organisations and how to make contact once you find someone. Losing touch with family members, friends and loved ones is more common today than eve before. A house move, a lost address book or a change of phone numbers can be all that it takes. Whatever your reasons for searching, The People Finder offers real life case studies and advice on: What to do before you start? Tips on researching; Where to find public records? How to contact specialist organisations? What to look for on the internet? How to approach someone for information? And, how to keep in touch and plan your reunions.
- Author BiographyKaren Bali is the founder of People Search which she set up in 1997. A former librarian and a trained counsellor, she is an accredited genealogist and experienced researcher. As well as helping people to find friends and relatives she also undertakes legal and probate research and related searches. Married with two children, Karen works from home near Southampton and is the author of Hello Dad and British Cousins. Visit www.people-search.co.uk for further information.
- Author(s)Karen Bali
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication05/04/2007
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNicholas Brealey Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight248 g
- Width135 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.