Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe People That Time Forgot is a fantasy vel by American writer Edgar Rice Burroughs, the second of his Caspak trilogy. The sequence was first published in Blue Book Magazine as a three-part serial in the issues for September, October and November 1918, with The People That Time Forgot forming the second installment. The complete trilogy was later combined for publication in book form under the title of The Land That Time Forgot (properly speaking the title of the first part) by A. C. McClurg in June 1924.
- Author BiographyEdgar Rice Burroughs (September 1, 1875 - March 19, 1950) was an American writer best known for his creations of the jungle hero Tarzan and the heroic Mars adventurer John Carter, although he produced works in many genres. Edgar Rice Burroughs is best remembered as the creator of the world famous character of Tarzan, one of the indispensable icons of popular culture. Burroughs also published science fiction and crime novels. Critics have considered Burroughs's fiction often crudely written and chauvinist. His books, however, are still widely read. . Burroughs was born in Chicago, Illinois, on September 1, 1875. His father, George Tyler Burroughs, was a Civil War veteran. Burroughs attended several private schools, including the Michigan Military Academy. He served in the 7th Cavalry in the Arizona Territory (1896-97) and Illinois Reserve Militia (1918-19). After his military career Burroughs was owner of a stationery store in Pocatello, Idaho (1898). Before Tarzan, Burroughs led a life full of failures. The turning point came when he started to write for pulp magazines at the age of 35. His first professional sale was Under the Moons of Mars, serialized in 1912 and introducing the popular invincible hero John Carter, who is transported to Mars apparently by astral projection, following a battle with Apaches in Arizona. The 'Martian' series eventually reached eleven books. Other popular series - totally some 68 titles were eventually created by Burroughs.
- Author(s)Edgar Rice Burroughs
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.