All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly successful series The People Who Came (Book 2) consists of three books specifically written for the junior years of secondary schools in the Caribbean. Unique in its scope, the series provides a history of the people of the New World from a West Indian point of view. Key features include: * Many maps, diagrams, illustrations and colour photos throughout * Lively and direct style * A wide range of questions and activities at the end of each chapter designed both to test kwledge and to stimulate further enquiry and thought. * Varied and stimulating suggestions for follow-up activities at the end of each quarter. Book Two covers the history of the Caribbean from the arrival of Columbus, through the establishment of settlements by the Europeans, to the plantation system and slavery. The book ends with slave rebellions and emancipation movements. This new edition has been fully updated to give teachers and students the benefit of the latest historical findings.
- Author(s)Edward K. Brathwaite,James Carnegie,John Robottom,P. Patterson
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication24/04/1989
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations, diagrams, maps, colour photographs
- Weight236 g
- Width193 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.