All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.88
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $38.18Trending at AU $44.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly successful series The People Who Came (Book 3) consists of three books specifically written for the junior years of secondary schools in the Caribbean. Unique in its scope, the series provides a history of the people of the New World from a West Indian point of view. Key features include: * Many maps, diagrams, illustrations and colour photos throughout * Varied and stimulating suggestions for follow-up activities at the end of each quarter. Book three covers the history of the Caribbean and the America from the effects of the American War of Independence through emancipation to virtually the present day. This edition has been thoroughly revised and updated. At the end of each chapter there is a wide range of questions and activities designed to test kwledge and stimulate further enquiry and thought. Extra for this edition are Review sections at the end of the four parts, designed to motivate students further to understand underlying concepts.
- Author BiographyAnthony De V. Phillips BA (UCWI/Lond.), MA (London), Ph. D. (UWI) Senior Lecturer in History, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill. Series Editor: Edward Brathwaite B.A. (Cantab), Cert.Ed. (Cantab), D. Phil (Sussex) formerly Professor of Social & Cultural History and Director of the Institute of Caribbean Studies, University of the West Indies, Mona; Professor of Comparative Literature with special emphasis on the Caribbean and Third World, New York University.
- Author(s)Anthony Phillips,Kamau Brathwaite,Mollie A. Hunte,Robttom
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication19/07/1993
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notemaps, diagrams, illustrations, colour photographs
- Weight252 g
- Width188 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.