All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in 1950 at the conclusion of a major population study, The People of Atlanta provided a complete demographic analysis of the city as it was just emerging as a major city of the New South. The data and conclusions are compared with corresponding data about other urban populations, including the southern cities of Dallas, Nashville, and New Orleans. In this analysis, the number and distribution of Atlanta's population is addressed first, focusing on race, nativity, age, sex, marital status, education, occupation, and religion of inhabitants. The People of Atlanta also addresses fertility, mortality, and migration as it has affected the growth of Atlanta's population.
- Author BiographyC. A. McMahan taught sociology at the University of Georgia.
- Author(s)C. A. McMahan
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.