All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1828, every four years has seen the re-emergence of newspapers published on behalf of particular presidential candidates and aspirants. Despite the importance and longevity of the medium, however, it has largely been overlooked as an object of serious study. This volume is the only systematic treatment of the subject yet published. It presents both an historical overview and the first compilation of bibliographic data on the publications that comprise this genre. Following an introductory survey of the history of the campaign newspaper and a discussion of significant examples, the bibliography provides listings for newspapers supporting major-party and third-party candidates and other presidential hopefuls.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM MILES is Professor and Coordinator for Reader Services, Clarke Historical Library of Central Michigan University.
- Author(s)William Miles
- Date of Publication22/09/1987
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies and Indexes in American History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 6
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.