All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are millions of self-help books that all promise the secret to obtaining a happy life--a successful career, lots of money, loving relationships, a defined and firm sense of morality; whatever could possibly define happiness for one person. But thing is possibly more subjective than happiness. Born with a deformity kwn as Pectus Excavatum (sunken chest) happiness eluded Brad Wheelis as he struggled with low self-esteem, perceive flaws, and societal pressure to be perfect. Eventually, he realized that he had been chasing the wrong ideal. Today, Wheelis believes that a truly happy life is impossible. No one can be happy all of the time. But you can strive to achieve a fulfilled life that contains a myriad of emotions by making a series of changes: how your preconceived tions of fulfillment differ from realistic goals, what you want to accomplish for yourself, and how you can make those ideas come true. Making a conscious decision to transform your perceptions of both trivial and significant aspects of your life, one at a time, will lead you to your own kind of happiness and inner greatness. The Perception Myth combines personal memoir with a step-by-step approach to happiness for anyone who is afraid or does t kw how to take risks. Fulfillment is around the corner; you just need to figure out how to reach it.
- Author BiographyBrad Wheelis is an award-winning journalist and former ABC News correspondent for twelve years. He produced and anchored Your Voice Your Vote, an Edward R. Murrow Award winner, and Focus on the White House. Wheelis is active in charitable work for such issues as multiple sclerosis and cancer research and is an avid car aficionado. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Brad Wheelis
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.