All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGet ready for a parenting makeover! If you're a parent today, you face extreme pressure to get everything exactly right -a pursuit of perfection that probably makes parenting feel hard. It encourages you to worry about whether you're doing a good eugh job, and to wonder if your kids will turn out okay. In The Perfect Parent , Roma Khetarpal puts all of that agony to rest. She explains that the key to a fulfilling parenting experience is to stop chasing an ideal and instead use your inner perfection to nurture a strong, communicative connection with your children-which will lead them to be happy, think positive, and do good. Drawing from the fields of personal growth and emotional intelligence and distilling cutting-edge scientific research, Khetarpal leads you through five communication tools designed to help parents strengthen their bond with their kids and handle the doubt, guilt, worry, and fear that often accompany the challenges of raising children. Along the way, she shares helpful, humorous real-life stories taken from the popular parenting classes she's taught for years, as well as easy-to-remember exercises-such as Dealing with the Feeling and Take Five -for use in common family situations. With this short, useful, and enjoyable guide, you will be equipped with the simple tools you need to build a relationship with your kids that lasts a lifetime. Includes a Perfect' parent toolbox!
- Author BiographyRoma Khetarpal is the founder and CEO of Tools of Growth, through which she helps parents raise kids to Be Happy, Think Positive, and Do Good. With parenting classes, community outreach, articles, reviews, and blog posts, Tools of Growth provides parents with simple, easy-to-remember, and effective communication tools that can help them build a strong foundation and relationship with their children. By synthesizing the themes and concepts of the personal growth and emotional intelligence fields, along with cutting-edge parenting research, Khetarpal delivers her message in an accessible, reassuring, and personally empowering way. She is also the author of the National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) GOLD Award-Winning book, The Perfect Parent: 5 Tools for Using Your Inner Perfection to Connect With Your Kids. In The Perfect Parent, Khetarpal writes that it s the dynamic between parents and children that makes the difference. She provides tools so that parents can draw on their inner resources what she calls inner perfection to enhance the way they connect with their children, building trust and thereby making it second nature for children to reach out to their parents, strengthening that bond for life. Her book has been recommended by renowned editorial reviewers, Publisher s Weekly and Library Journal, and has also been endorsed and recommended by author and clinical psychologist, Dr. Shefali Tsabary, featured on Oprah s Lifeclass, Asha Dornfest, author and founder of ParentHacks.com and Dr. Christine Carter, sociologist and author of Raising Happiness, to name a few. She is also an Executive Board Member of the Philanthropic Society Los Angeles, which raises funds for Children s Institute, Inc., and is a member of the Board of Directors for the Santa Clarita Valley Education Foundation, an organization providing support, programs and leadership for K-12 public school education. Khetarpal also serves on the Board of Directors at AM-Touch Dental, where she was vice president of sales and marketing for twenty years before founding Tools of Growth, and where she currently teaches quarterly personal development classes. She lives in the Los Angeles area with her husband, Harry. They are the proud parents of two adult children, Nitasha and Navin. Khetarpal enjoys reading, swimming, dancing, cooking, traveling, sunsets and sunrises, oceans, and nature. She is currently working on a line of children s products that will promote self-understanding and emotional intelligence.
- Author(s)Roma Khetarpal
- PublisherGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationAustin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Weight272 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.