All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA cookbook showcasing the luscious flavor of peaches in 50 sweet and savory dishes, drawing on the life stories and experiences of America's foremost peach farming family, the Masumotos of California's central valley.Enjoy the luscious versatility of summer s finest fruit with fifty sweet and savory dishes. The Masumoto family s amazing heirloom peaches which are available for a few weeks each year at the best produce markets and top restaurants in the country are widely considered the best peaches in the world. Their debut cookbook gathers the family s favorite recipes, from classics like Hearty Peach Cobbler, Peach Chutney, and Slow-Cooked Pork Tacos to inspired combinations such as Prosciutto-Wrapped Peaches, Caprese with Peaches, Spice-Rubbed Pork Chops and Grilled Peaches, and Stuffed French Toast. And the pristine flavor of a just-picked summer peach can be enjoyed year-round with the easy-to-follow instructions for drying, canning, freezing, or jamming the best of the harvest. With rich recipe and location photographs fresh from the orchard, this beautiful cookbook paints an intricate portrait of an organic farm that has been in the family for four generations. Accompanied by eloquent essays that evoke the soul of family farming and the nuances of a life filled with peaches, The Perfect Peachis for anyone who longs to savor the flavor of a pristinely ripe peach.
- Author BiographyDAVID MAS MASUMOTO is an organic peach and grape farmer, the author of numerous books, and a member of the National Council on the Arts. He is currently a columnist for the Fresno Bee, and has written for the New York Times magazine, USA Today, and the Los Angeles Times. Mas s first book, Epitaph for a Peach, won the 1995 Julia Child Cookbook Award for Literary Food Writing and was a finalist for the 1996 James Beard Foundation Food Writing Award. He owns and operates Masumoto Family Farm with his wife, Marcy, and daughter, Nikiko. MARCY MASUMOTO, co-owner of Masumoto Family Farm, is responsible for the selection of peach varieties, develops recipes and peach products, and is actively involved with management and seasonal fieldwork. NIKIKO MASUMOTO grew up slurping the nectar of overripe organic peaches on the Masumoto Family Farm and has never missed a harvest. She received her Master of Arts in Performance as Public Practice from the University of Texas at Austin. She works full-time on the family farm as a farm apprentice and artist.
- Author(s)David Mas Masumoto,Marcy Masumoto
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication09/07/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Note75 Colour Photos
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.