All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionHR Director and Get a Job! author Dan Quillen shows readers how to craft an incredible resume that will get job-seekers in the door! This is the follow-on book to the author's Get a Job! book (Fall 2013), and is the first in a series of books written by Dan Quillen. Once again, Quillen calls on his expertise as an HR professional (and as one who lost and found a job in the toughest ecomic environment since the Great Depression) to help his readers understand the New Ecomy, and how to find work when many cant. The Perfect Resume focuses on that most important tool in the job hunter's quiver -- the resume. Quillen walks his readers through the technical aspects of resume writing, but also helps them understand the tricks of the resume-writing trade. He teaches readers how to write resumes that end up in the hands of hiring managers, t screened by gatekeepers and deposited in the recycle bin. Topics covered: - The current ecomic environment - You lost your job -- what do you do w?! - The importance of a resume - The mechanics of resume writing - Three types of resumes and their uses (Chrological, Functional, Combination) - One size doesn't fit all (Targeting your resume) - Your resume template - How to handle resume difficulties (Gaps in employment, Short-term employment, Lack of experience) - Section-by-section resume reviews
- Author BiographyDan Quillen is the author of Get a Job!: How I Found a Job when Jobs are Hard to Find - And So Can You (Fall 2013). He has been an HR Director for more than 20 years, and knows exactly what hiring managers and directors are looking for in job applicants. His is the quintessential insider advice for anyone looking for a job in these tough economic times. He is also the author of Cold Spring Press's line of genealogy books, including Secrets of Tracing Your Ancestors and Mastering Online Genealogy, among others.
- Author(s)Dan Quillen
- PublisherCold Spring Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Series TitleGet a Job!
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCold Spring Press
- Weight304 g
- Width180 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.