All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Perfect Teacher deals with the major issues of the profession, such as discipline, time management and teaching style, taking the unique perspective of how other people see them. Schools are busy places, but spending most of the day in the company of 30+ children can still feel rather lonely. There is little time for teachers to make meaningful contact with other adults, to talk about how they can help one ather and share ideas. And when these opportunities do arise, they are usually in formal circumstances: inspections, observations, appraisals and training days.As a result, it can be difficult for teachers to develop a fair view of their own practice. Many are overly self-critical, because they rarely get to see that they are t the only ones who struggle with certain students or have difficulties keeping up with the workload. Some find it tough, because they become too insular - they get stuck in the same routines, or feel that they have run out of ideas. Others become demoralized - they feel over criticized, undervalued and very misunderstood. The Perfect Teacher intends to light up the shadows of the classroom: to provide a multi-faceted insight into what makes a good teacher, taking the perspectives of different education related professionals as its starting point. It acts as a critical friend, helping teachers to reflect on their strengths whilst offering a range of viewpoints that may throw up new and fresh solutions to old problems.The book provides advice from classroom teachers (primary and secondary), parents, pupils, headmasters, senior teachers, social workers, special educational needs co-ordinators, support staff, teacher trainers, and school goverrs, which will provide readers with a broad and balanced profile of the 'perfect' teacher.
- Author BiographyLouisa Leaman is an experienced teacher, having taught in a variety of special and mainstream schools. She now combines teaching part-time with writing, lecturing and training.
- Author(s)Louisa Leaman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePractical Teaching Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight181 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.