All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe travels and adventures of Lewis and Clark have become immortalized as legend in the American memory. The Perilous West tells the riveting stories of seven equally fascinating and teworthy American adventurers - Ramsey Crooks, Robert McClellan, John Hoback, Jacob Rezr, Edward Robinson, Pierre Dorion, and Marie Dorion - and the unique legacies that their lionhearted spirits and monumental journeys left on America's landscape and history. These seven counted the Tetons, Hells Canyon, and South Pass among their discoveries, and forged the Oregon Trail: the path destined to link the Atlantic coast with the Pacific, spurring national expansion as it carried trappers, soldiers, pioneers, missionaries, and gold-seekers westward.
- Author BiographyLarry E. Morris is the author of The Fate of the Corps, which was named a Top Academic Title by Choice and a History Book Club selection. Morris has published articles on early Western history in such periodicals as The Missouri Historical Review, American History, and We Proceeded On. He is a senior editor with the Joseph Smith Papers Project. He and his wife, Deborah, have four children-Isaac, Courtney, Justin, and Whitney-and live in Salt Lake City.
- Author(s)Larry E. Morris
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication25/08/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note14 black & white halftones
- Weight399 g
- Width159 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTall rack paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.