All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCaught between climate change and a fossil fuel-driven ecomy that demands ever more growth, the world faces a great transitionby design or disasteraway from fossil fuels to a less energy intensive future.But what proven tools are available to aid in making a successful, deliberate transition to a resilient, sustainable future?For the first time, the power of permaculture design has been brought to bear on the great transition problem. In the process, acclaimed permaculture teacher and designer Ross Mars has distilled his considerable kwledge into the ultimate resource for resilient living. The Permaculture Transition Manual is packed with information on permaculture design principles, soil building, nutrient-dense food growing, including top plant and tree selections for all climatic zones. Coverage extends to rainwater harvesting and irrigation, human waste management, and strategies for rural properties plus a unique focus on applying permaculture to small urban spaces for decluttering and efficient food growing. Also covered are hand tools, food preservation, energy production, and low-carbon housing and a plethora of nearly forgotten skills such as soap making, basket weaving, seed saving, and rope and candle making, and more.On the desert island of a world in decline this is the one-stop guide to vibrant, resilient living you'll want to take with you.Ross Mars is a scientist with a PhD in Environmental Science, entrepreneur and highly-regarded permaculture teacher and designer. Author of The Basics of Permaculture Design, he manages Candlelight Farm, a permaculture demonstration site and training center in Western Australia.
- Author BiographyRoss Mars is a highly regarded permaculture teacher, designer and consultant. He is author of landmark The Basics of Permaculture Design and three other permaculture books, as well as two DVDs on energy efficient housing design and renewable energy systems. Ross manages Candlelight Farm, a permaculture demonstration site and training center in Western Australia. Over the past decade, he has delivered dozens of basic, design, advanced and diploma-level Permaculture Courses. Both a scientist with a PhD in Environmental Science and an entrepreneur, Mars also manufactures and supplies greywater and rainwater tank systems, and installs waterwise gardens and water-sensible irrigation systems.
- Author(s)Ross Mars
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication25/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Weight538 g
- Illustrator(s)Simone Willis
- Foreword byRob Hopkins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.