All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese five articles, first presented at the conference 'The Holocaust and other Gecides. The Uses, Misuses and Abuses of the Holocaust Paradigm' in 2011, reflect the current Dutch research on the persecution of the Jews in the Netherlands during the Second World War and recent developments in the historiography concerning this topic. To a certain extent, the work being done in the Netherlands has reflected the international historiography in that it addresses the political and public responses to National Socialism and occupation, the nature of the persecution and the regime in the concentration camps. The perspectives of the general population, of the victims and of the perpetrators are all examined, but above all those of bystanders. In this selection of the most recent research, there is a particular emphasis on the nature of the persecution and the general public's reaction to it.
- Author BiographyWichert ten Have is Director of Holocaust and Genocide Studies at the NIOD, Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies in Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Wichert ten Havert
- PublisherVossiuspers UvA
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintVossiuspers UvA
- Content Note6 black and white illustrations
- Weight193 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.